Castle Dental – your local Brisbane Northside dentist
Welcome and thank you for choosing us to provide your oral health needs.
When you arrive for your first visit:
- Meet the dentist and the dental team
- Complete new patient forms
- Photograph your teeth to use as a reference to identify any current problems you may have and give us a really good overview of your teeth.
- Discuss any concerns you may have regarding your teeth, gums and overall oral health.
- Discuss any concerns you may have noticed (from the photos) regarding your teeth, gums and overall oral health.
Your dental examination
Once in the Dental Surgery Room, a comprehensive dental examination will be conducted. This includes the following:
- Tooth-by-tooth charting to identify and record the current condition of your teeth.
- Periodontal charting to assess the condition of your gums.
- An intra-oral camera is used to provide you with a video tour of problem areas.
- X-rays may be taken, we use digital x-rays which use 90% less radiation than traditional radiography systems and these are immediately available so there’s no waiting for results.
- A scale and clean may be recommended and undertaken.
What happens next?
If no dental treatment is identified, we will schedule a 6 monthly exam, scale and clean appointment for you. Should there be any outstanding concerns that need to be addressed, we will always outline the available options to you. We will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each option and the Castle Dental team will always support you in whatever you choose to do. If you choose to proceed with any treatment we will schedule your next appointment.
For an emergency appointment we will do our utmost to get you out of pain.
Fees and claims
On the spot health fund claims are available if you have private health cover for dental with our HiCaps machine. Fees are payable by cash, Eftpos or credit card.
We recognise the importance of two-way communication. If you have any questions please contact us. We look forward to meeting you.
Castle Dental is a family friendly Northside dentist located in Kedron. We welcome you and your family to our dental practice.